PROPOSAL

For my A2 Media project I intend to pursue the following brief;

A promotional package for the release of an album, to include a music promo video, together with two of the following three options:

A website homepage for the band;
A cover for its release as part of a digipak (CD/DVD package);
A magazine advertisement for the digipak (CD/DVD package).

I am very passionate about music and it has always been a big part of my life so I feel that this would be the best brief for me. I understand how to dissect a song and figure out the meaning behind the less obvious lyrics so I can best portray the emotions of my chosen song.

The song I have chosen to create a music promo video for is ‘Please Let Me Go’ by Charlie Simpson (Busted front-man gone-solo) from the album 'Young Pilgrim'. I would say that this song falls into the Alternative music genre however it isn't a heavy song, it is more like an acoustic set, where the most prominent aspects of the song are the vocals and the acoustic guitar melody. It is a song which I like very much and from listening to it leisurely, I already have an image in my mind for how I imagine the music video to look. Because both the singer and the song aren't very well known, the track doesn't actually have an official music video, meaning that whatever I create will be entirely original and not based on any pre-existing material.

Out of the three provided options I plan to create the CD cover and the magazine advertisement. I have chosen the first because the location that I plan to use will provide many photo opportunities which could be used for the album cover, to give the artist a distinct image and a consistent advertisement theme/concept. As part of one of the units of my Music GCSE I had to record a song and create an album cover for it, so I could use my experience to help me in this project. Also, the skills I have acquired from my Graphics A Level will help me to produce an aesthetically pleasing album cover which will appeal to the viewer, having a very simple and natural feel to ensure the cover is appealing to a wide audience.
The second option of the magazine advertisement appealed to me because like the CD cover, it focuses heavily on design and creativity, which I feel are my strong points. My AS Media project of creating a magazine gave me a taste of how magazines work, and therefore I can use the skills I picked up to help me create an advertisement which would fit into any type of magazine and would catch the reader's eye, making them take notice rather than just flick over onto the next page.

No comments:

Post a Comment