AUDIENCE CONCEPT applied to my coursework

USES AND GRATIFICATIONS
Blumler and Katz
Personal Identity
This theory outlines the ability to compare your own life with characters and situations that occur in media texts, and to explore your personal problems and looks for solutions and reassurance.
I feel that this theory applies to my video concept as the narrative involves a couple breaking up, which is a typically occurence for the age range of my intended audience. They would be able to relate completely to the idea that a boy/girl doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore, when their partner does, and they go through a tough break-up. The emotions that I plan to convey would evoke sympathy from the viewer because guaranteed they will know someone, or will have a personal experience with this sort of situation.

David Gauntlett

No comments:

Post a Comment