INITIAL IDEAS

I feel that my video concept and song has quite an indie vibe, and something that is popular in the indie scene is vintage. This has become very contemporary in the past few years, with people shopping in vintage shops, companies taking advantage and having their products covered in a vintage print etc. Because of this, I want to roll with this theme and base my print documents around it. Vintage floral wallpaper patterns are appearing a lot on products such as bedding, cushions, actual wallpaper, note pads and other household items and are a popular choice for young adults which are the target audience for my product. These products can be seen on websites such as Urban Outfitters which is a shop that my target audience would typically buy their clothes from, so it's reassuring that a website like this sells products that incorporate my theme;
Another product that is also sold on this website that I am a huge fan of is frames. I have many frames in my house and my bedroom and love having pictures of my friends and family out where I can see them and not just in a photo album. I've used frames in past creative pieces and know that they work well and can give a vintage feel. 
Obviously, frames can be hung on a wall, which has given me the inspiration to use vintage wallpaper as the main background for my album cover.

Together, frames and wallpaper can provide me with the vintage feel that I want to achieve, and can also appeal to my target audience by incorporating patterns and items that they're buying from retail stores. The image below is a collage I have created that incorporate the two items, and highlight the basic theme that my CD cover, and also my magazine advertisement will follow.

The frames and the wallpaper are items that you would typically find in a house, particularly a happy home where the owners take pride in decorating and enjoy having loads of photos around their house. This also suggests a married couple, who are happily married, which is the exact opposite of my video concept. The couple featured in my chosen song and video are in the process of a break-up, therefore the wallpaper, preferably damaged and worn, represents a broken family or a broken relationship. So as for the frame, I will either have no picture in it, or a negative picture that represents the break-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment