STARTING MY PRINT WORK

Instead of getting carried away by over planning my video, I have decided to move onto creating my two print pieces. As I've mentioned, out of the three provided options I have chosen to create the CD cover and the magazine advertisement as I feel that these two could prove to be the most relevant to my proposal and are also two areas in which I believe I have the skills to create professional documents that will fulfill their purpose. 

Initially the reasoning behind choosing the CD cover was that the location that I plan to use would have provided many photo opportunities which could have be used for the album cover. I thought that these would have given the artist a distinct image and a consistent advertisement theme/concept, however I've realized that this isn't realistic. After seeking inspiration from previous A2 portfolios, I recognized that the CD covers that used a still from the moving image were not as successful as the covers that used a separate image from the location or a different image all together. Furthermore, as forthcoming posts will show, the CD covers that I own don't use a still from the artists videos, however they are still recognizable as being from that artist.

The second option of the magazine advertisement links very closely to the CD cover, as a small image of the cover will have to appear on the advertisement so that the audience know what is being advertised. Because of this, the two have to be compatible with each other and must have things in common to reinforce the artist's image. Things like colours, fonts, images and even the overall mood must be consistent to provide a tight, crisp advertising campaign that will essentially sell copies of my album.

No comments:

Post a Comment