RESOURCES NEEDED

In order to film my video, the main piece of equipment that I will need is a camera. Over the Christmas period I took home two regular video cameras as no one else needed them, to have a play around and perhaps do some filming if I got the chance. The weather posed as a serious road block for filming, however the when messing around with the camera, I discovered that the quality wasn't very good at all, and both cameras had trouble focusing.

Because of this, I decided to hand those cameras back in and ask my Media teacher whether or not there was a DSLR that I could use to film, as I wanted to achieve as good quality footage as possible. I was able to get my hands on a Canon EOS 1100D;

I have previous experience using a DSLR as an assistant to a wedding photographer, so getting to know the camera was relatively easy. Taking a few practice clips in my garden, I was able to familiarise myself with the features, and ensure that I had the necessary skills to be able to get on with filming on location. As well as the camera, I also took out a tripod, as a lot of my proposed shots were static, therefore filming on a tripod removes any threat of wobbly footage, which is something that I definitely don't want.

No comments:

Post a Comment