CHARACTER PROFILES

JONNY AKA "JONATHAN GRAY"
The main character in my video will be Jonathan Gray, the album artist and the boy featured on my improved magazine advertisement and inside digipak. The reason I chose this name was simply because it is my chosen actor's actual name and I felt that a longer first name and shorter second name looked effective on my print work. 
I chose Jonny to be in my video as he relates closely to my target audience in several ways;

  • He obviously embodies the 'Indie/Alternative' style, ensuring that my target audience can relate to the main character of my video in terms of clothing/hairstyle.
  • He is a guitarist/writer in an Alternative band formally called 'We Beat The System' and recently re-named 'CHILD', so he could understand my concept easily and give his own input from his musical background. 
  • He is attractive, appealing to the female population of my target audience.
  • He is 19, an age which falls in the middle of the age range of my target audience. He isn't too old as to not appeal to the prospective younger audience, and isn't too young as to not be taken seriously by older audience members.
Basically, I feel that he 'looks the part', and because he is my boyfriend, I can easily work around our college/work schedules to find time that we can use to film. I can also really rely on him, which I may not have been able to do if I was using a friend. 


The image used on the inside of my digipak

MYSELF AKA "THE GIRLFRIEND/SOON-TO-BE EX"
As my storyboards will explain, I didn't want to involve the female very much in the video, as I wanted it to revolve around the male character. Because of this, I decided that it would be MUCH easier and convenient to use myself as the female character. All of my proposed shots that involved the girl were to be filmed using a tripod, meaning that I could set up the shot, press record and then run into the shot and simply cut off the beginning of the clip when I came to edit. 

The reason that I have chosen song/location/genre is because I think of myself as being a part of that Indie/Alternative group, and I feel that the way I dress/look reflects this. I don't wear a lot of make up, my hair is natural (slightly dip-dyed after this photo was taken - popular with my target audience) and I plan to dress in a way that makes my target genre obvious, and doesn't become confused with other genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment