ADDING THE TRACKLIST

Like any CD covers, I needed to add a track list to this album. At first, I was undecided as to whether I would make this a single, an EP or a full album. I decided to create both a single and a full album to see which I preferred.

Using the same font as on the front cover ('Nueva Std') I made up 11 track names which are a combination of some of my favourite songs and names that I felt fit the 'vibe' of the album and also the genre of the artist. I feel that the track names are very important in shaping an artist's identity, as they can help the audience assume which music genre the artsit belongs to. For example, an artist such as Rita Ora has tracks called 'Party and Bullshit' and 'Radioactive', which fit her genre of music and her vibrant, energetic pop/RnB image. My track names are as follows:
  1. Let Me Go
  2. Wake Up
  3. Run
  4. All I Wanted
  5. Don't Tell Me
  6. Spring
  7. Paris
  8. Tomorrow
  9. Turn Around
  10. Sonic
  11. Halcyon
As shown in the previous post, I really liked the arrangement of the tracklist on the Two Door Cinema Club album cover, so I decided to arrange my track list in a similar way. I have taken inspiration from the smaller track numbers and the centre allignment to create my FULL ALBUM tracklist as shown below.


Here is my tracklist on the back of the image, alongside my formalities such as the barcode and the record label logo. I'm really happy with how it turned out, with the numbers smaller than the names and having it centre alligned makes it look neat and symmetrical. However, I feel that the size of the font on this image is far too big, so for my final cover I intend to make it considerably smaller as I feel that this will look better and won't over power the page as much.
As an alternative, I also created a smaller tracklist like that of a single, rather than a full album to see which one I most preferred. On a single you typically see the track that the single is for, another track that can be expected to be seen on the up coming album, and perhaps a remix or alternative version of the main track. For that reason, I have included the track that is the name of the album (Let Me Go), a second track called 'Wake Up' and an acoustic version of the main track. I'm glad that I made this alternative version, as it made me realise that the full album version is definitely the one I most prefer, as the text on the single version looks 'stuck on' and doesn't fit in with the overall image. I know that the album version is the one that I want to hand in as my final coursework piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment