INSPIRATIONAL TEXT - back of CD cover

I recently bought Two Door Cinema Club's latest album 'Beacon', and as well as enjoying the music, I also really like the cover. It has a very retro theme to it in general, but it was actually the back of the cover that relates more to my concept. The colour palet is very sullen and incorporates the dingey green/blue colour that I have gone for on my CD cover. I reall liked the way that the track list is arranged, and plan to incorporate this into my CD cover. The thing that I found most appealing was the fact that the track numbers are much smaller than the track names, and are positioned in the top left hand corner of the end of each preceding letter, and underlined.

Unlike conventional CD covers, the track list isn't arranged in a verticle list, as at times there are more than one track on a line. This results in a small bunch of track names, which I thought looked really effective and gave some variation to the back of the CD cover, rather than just listing the tracks generically. The actual font that has been used is very similar to the one I have already used and have chosen to use for the track list, reassuring me that this layout could possibly work for me and create a successful and hopefully attractive CD cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment