FINAL COVER ATTEMPT

ORIGINAL WALLPAPER SAMPLE            EDITED VERSION - GREEN




















The image above shows the wallpaper sample that I got from Homebase, along with various other prints. This is the one that I most preferred, as the pattern was bold and contrasted well with the background. I also really liked how the flash had lit up the wallpaper, and exposed the slight ripples, making it look like it was warping off a wall, fitting into my 'worn/old' theme. The original colour scheme wasn't really what I was looking for, so I opened the JPEG file onto Photoshop and edited the colours to a muted blue/green colour scheme, as I proposed in my mood board.

I then preceded to crop the image down to the right size for a CD cover, ensuring that I retained most of the larger area of the pattern towards the left of the image. Now that the file was the right dimensions I could add the rip to the bottom of the image and chose a colour to fill the white space. As shown below, I was able to create the same ripped effect as I did on my test piece which I was really pleased about. I filled this with an off-white/cream colour as I felt that it best suited the colour scheme at that point and created the best contrast with the image.

Knowing that I had to create both a front cover and a back cover for my CD, I decided that having the back as an inverted version of the front would be quite effective. To do this I just had to take the original image (edited and cropped) and use the ripped brush too to remove a larger area than before, leaving on a small strip of the pattern left where it would have been on the front cover. These were the results for the front and the back;

FRONT COVER
BACK COVER


No comments:

Post a Comment